These super simple cookies are perfect for the little ones* - free of refined sugar, but they'd never know it! They also stamp very well.
- 1/4 cup (60g) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125ml) honey*
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured, large oven tray lined with non greased baking paper. Roll out dough to about 0.5cm thick. Chill in fridge for 20+ minutes.
- After chilling, remove the dough from the fridge. Dust the cookie stamp lightly with flour, tap off any excess, press firmly onto the dough and remove. Cut with cookie cutter and place onto the second lined baking tray.
- Place the tray of raw cookies back into the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours (overnight if possible). This will help the design to "set" before baking.
- Roll out the remainder of the dough again, putting back into the fridge once rolled to firm up before stamping and cutting until you have used all of the dough.
- Bake cookies in pre-heated 180 degree oven for approximately 8-10 minutes or until cookies are cooked through (we suggest doing a trial batch to test your oven for optimal cooking time). Allow to cool for 2 minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
*It is not recommended that honey be given to children under 12 months of age, regardless of whether it is cooked or not.