The most amazing thing about these cookies is that unlike our other stamping recipes - you don't have to let these ones chill overnight! An hour or so in the freezer once stamped and you're good to go! Which is important, because when it comes to Nutella... ain't nobody got time for dat!
- 250g of Salted Butter, softened to room temperature and roughly chopped
- 1.5 cups Icing Sugar
- 1/4 cup of cream cheese
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 tablespoon of golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of hazlenut essence
- 1 large egg
- 4 cups Plain Flour
- Line two large oven trays with baking paper, and pre-heat oven to 170 degrees C.
- In a large bowl, sift icing sugar and add butter and cream cheese. Cream with an electric beater/mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, Nutella, golden syrup, vanilla essence and hazelnut essence and mix until combined.
- Add two cups of the plain flour to the butter/sugar mix. Stir to combine or mix on low speed in a mixer. Add the remaining 2 cups of flour and stir/mix until the mixture combines and forms a dough.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured, large oven tray lined with non greased baking paper. Roll out dough to about 60mm (¼ inch) thick. Chill in fridge for 10-20 minutes.
- After chilling, remove the dough from the fridge. Dust the cookie stamp lightly with flour, tap off any excess, press firmly onto the dough and remove. Cut with cookie cutter and place onto the second lined baking tray.
- Place the tray of dough back into the freezer for an hour. This will help the design to "set" before baking.
- Roll out the remainder of the dough again, putting back into the fridge once rolled to firm up before stamping and cutting until you have used all of the dough.
- Bake cookies in pre-heated oven for approximately 10-12 minutes or until cookies are cooked through. Allow to cool for 2 minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Add 100's and 1000's for a more colourful treat
- Coat the bottom with melted chocolate and allow to set for a more indulgent cookie
- Sandwich two cookies with Nutella buttercream... enough said! Yummo!